If you’ve missed Part One it’s here…
Tom’s appearing in a couple of programmes over Christmas (if we hear of any more we’ll add them here).
The Highway Rat
When: Christmas Day, 4:45pm on BBC1 (duration 30 mins)
What: Tom Hollander voices the Squirrel in this animated adaptation of ‘The Highway Rat’ (by Julia Donaldson [author] and Alex Scheffler [illustrator] – the same team behind The Gruffalo). David Tennant is the Rat who craves sweetness and rides out in search of treats to steal, including the Squirrel’s nuts.
How to Stop Time
(Book at Bedtime on BBC Radio 4)
When: 10 episodes at 22:45 on BBC Radio 4 beginning on Christmas Day 2017 and ending on Friday 5 Jan 2018 (detailed schedule below)
What: “Tom Hazard has a rare condition – he ages very, very slowly with the result that, while he looks about 41, he is in fact over 400 years old. Over the centuries, it has been a dangerous condition to have, so he has continually changed identities and moved from place to place. And he has travelled the world. Now, in a search for at least the pretence of normality, he has returned to London.” – story written by Matt Haig.
Episodes overview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09kqr5m
- Episode One: Monday, Christmas Day
- Episode Two: Tuesday, Boxing Day
- Episode Three: Wednesday 27 December
- Episode Four: Thursday 28 December
- Episode Five: Friday 29 December
- [30 Dec, Saturday – no episode]
- [New Year’s Eve, Sunday – no episode]
- Episode Six: Monday New Year’s Day 2018
- Episode Seven: Tuesday 2 January
- Episode Eight: Wednesday 3 January
- Episode Nine: Thursday 4 January
- Episode Ten: Friday 5 January