Not only is Tom Hollander a brilliant actor but he has also written some lovely articles too. He has an occasional diary column in The Spectator and has also written for other publications.
If you don’t have a subscription to The Spectator then you’ll find, as you make your way through his writings there, that you can only read a couple each month. Something to look forward to for next month then, or get a subscription 🙂 Tom also wrote the script for Episode 3 in the third series of Rev.
At the end of the lists of articles are some tweets from people who’ve enjoyed his writing too.
The Spectator (all his articles at a glance)
- A daunting experience (6 February 2008)
- Diary (18 September 2010)
- Top gear (15 October 2011)
- Diary (29 October 2011)
- I can’t get out of bed (17 December 2011)
- Diary (5 May 2012)
- Hanna Peel (23 June 2012)
- Strangers on a train (6 October 2012)
- The summer of love (12 April 2014)
- My moment of mortification with Saint Joan Collins (14 February 2015)
- Hold on, should we actors really be speaking for trans people? (12 December 2015)
- Wanna come to Prince’s house? (30 April 2016)
- One night in the backwoods (4 June 2016)
Interview in The Spectator (not an article but a nice read nonetheless)
- Shelf Life: Tom Hollander (10 November 2011)
9 West Road – Cambridge University English Faculty alumni newsletter
- “The English Faculty Playing: Tom Hollander reports”, p7 of 8 (2002)
- An alphabetical Autobiography (Winter 2015)
The Times / Plan South America
- Tom Hollander in Colombia (31 July 2016) – link given is to a copy of the text on Plan South America’s website, the original (paywalled) article at The Times is here – where you can also read appreciative comments from Colombians, delighted at the article.